How to compile LMP
1) Download and install Visual Studio 2017 to write and build the dll. Any version will work.
You can get the community version here
2) Make sure that the
.NET framework 4.7 development tools is installed in your VS2017. You can do it by selecting the
.NET desktop development workload in the visual studio installer and then selecting the
.NET framework 4.7 development tools component in the right panel
3) Make sure that the
Tools for Unity is installed in your VS2017. You can do it by selecting the
Game development with Unity workload in the visual studio installer, also you can uncheck the
Unity XXXX 64-bit Editor in the right panel to save some space
4) Now that you've got the necessary tools, use git to checkout and pull the latest copy of the LunaMultiplayer project.
5) Go to the main folder and double click the
LunaMultiPlayer.sln file, opening it in Visual Studio.
6) Adjust the
Scripts\CopyToKSPDirectory.bat file with the correct KSP Directory.
The line to edit is:
SET KSPPATH=C:\Kerbal Space Program
7) Copy the
UnityEngine.Ui.dll files from
C:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data\Managed to
External/KSPLibraries. You MUST repeat this process every time KSP is updated.
10) Make sure you have
Debug mode set in Visual studio at the top.
Do not use
Release mode as developers only test with Debug.
11) Compile in visual studio by going to
12) Once built, the plugin should automatically be updated in your Kerbal Space Program plugins folder.
You will need to restart Kerbal Space Program, if it's open.