Luna MultiPlayer (LMP)Welcome to Luna MultiPlayer, a next-generation MultiPlayer modification for Kerbal Space Program.
Luna MultiPlayer features super smooth syncing, a Server List on the website as well as in-game and many other features.
“Pilots take no special joy in walking.
Pilots like flying.”
- Neil Armstron, Apollo 11
- Aimed for performance
- Smooth syncing of vessels, resources and everything
- Server list in the mod itself
- No need to port-forward for servers
- In-game chat
- Mod control
- In-game vessel sharing
- Official always-online Sandbox server
- Friendly Discord server for everyone to join
- Username protection, once connected to a server nobody else can use your username
- Clean and optimized code, based on systems and windows which makes it easier to read and modify.
- Multi threaded (as much as Unity allows)
- Settings saved as XML.
- Time synced between clients and the server using the NIST servers.
- UDP based using the Lidgren library for reliable UDP message handling.
- Uses interpolation so the vessels shouldn't jump from one place to another.
- Nat-punchtrough feature so a server doesn't need to open ports on it's router.
- Better creation of network messages so they are easier to modify as you don't need to take care of serialization.
- Every network message is cached in order to reduce the garbage collector spikes
- Based on tasks instead of threads.
- QuickLZ for fast compression
- Control over your own vessels using the server DropControl setting